Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes plus cooling
Schnucks nonstick baking spray
1 small lemon
4 pounds Stemilt Braeburn, Fuji or Granny Smith Lil Snappers™ (about 12 apples), peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup Schnucks sweetened dried cranberries
3/4 cup Schnucks granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons McCormick® ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Schnucks ground nutmeg
Schnucks all-purpose flour for dusting
2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated rolled pie crusts (4 rolls), softened as package directs
2 cups Schnucks cornflakes, crushed to 3/4 cup
2 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter
1 Schnucks large egg
1 tablespoon Schnucks whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray bottom of large rimmed baking pan with nonstick baking spray. From lemon, squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. In large bowl, toss apples and cranberries with lemon juice. In small bowl, stir sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples; gently toss until apples are well coated.
2. On lightly floured surface, unwrap, unroll and stack 2 crusts on top of each other. With rolling pin, roll crusts to 18 x 13-inch rectangle. Transfer crust to prepared pan, pressing into corners. Dough should drape over edges of pan by about 3/4 inch; trim edges if necessary. Evenly sprinkle cornflakes over crust; spread apple mixture over cornflakes. Dot with butter.
3. On lightly floured surface, repeat with remaining 2 crusts, rolling to 16 x 11-inch rectangle; place over filling. Fold edges of bottom crust over edges of top crust; with fingers, crimp crust edges tightly to seal.
4. In small bowl, with whisk, beat egg and milk. With small brush, evenly brush top of crust with egg mixture. With paring knife, cut 12 (11 1/2-inch) slits in top crust.
5. Bake pie 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until filling bubbles and top is golden brown; cool on wire rack 45 minutes. Cut pie into 3 strips lengthwise, then cut each strip into 6 pieces to serve. Can be served warm or cool completely to serve at room temperature.
Each serving: about 251 calories, 8 g total fat (3 g saturated), 13 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g sugars, 2 g protein