Apple-Rum Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes • Serves: 8
8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
3 Schnucks large eggs
1-3/4 cups Schnucks whipping cream
1/2 cup Schnucks granulated sugar
2 tablespoons dark rum
1/2 teaspoon Schnucks ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Schnucks ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt
Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
1 large Fuji or Gala apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Set oven to 350°F. Place bread in single layer on large rimmed baking pan; bake in oven while oven preheats 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once halfway through baking.
2. In large bowl, with whisk, stir eggs, cream, sugar, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add bread to egg mixture and stir with rubber spatula to submerge bread in liquid; let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place eight (4- to 5-ounce) oven-safe ramekins on same rimmed baking pan; spray ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Add apple and walnuts to bread mixture; toss to combine. Evenly divide bread mixture into prepared ramekins, pressing to make sure bread is covered in as much liquid as possible.
5. Bake bread puddings loosely covered with aluminum foil 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until centers are set, tops are lightly browned and bread puddings puff. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Each serving: about 401 calories, 26 g total fat (13 g saturated), 141 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g sugars, 7 g protein
To make this recipe in 1 dish: Spray 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add bread mixture to prepared dish, pressing down to make sure bread is covered in as much liquid as possible. Bake bread pudding loosely covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 40 to 45 minutes longer or until center is set, top is lightly browned and bread pudding puffs. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.