Active Time: 30 minutes • Total Time: 1 hour plus marinating • Serves: 8
1 can (12 ounces) Schnucks Super Soda cola
1/4 cup less-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup packed Schnucks light brown sugar
3 tablespoons Schnucks Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons pure sesame oil
2 tablespoons refrigerated Gourmet Garden™ garlic blend or minced fresh garlic
2 tablespoons refrigerated Gourmet Garden™ ginger spice blend or grated peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
4 pounds Schnucks Natural chicken wings (about 17 whole wings), wing tips removed and discarded, then each cut in half at joint
Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
3 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
1. In large bowl, with whisk, stir cola, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cayenne. Add wings and toss to coat; spread wings evenly in bowl to cover in as much marinade as possible. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to marinate.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with aluminum foil; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. With tongs, remove wings from marinade (reserve marinade); arrange wings in single layer on prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wings are golden, turning wings once and rotating pans between upper and lower racks halfway through baking.
3. Meanwhile, in 1- to 2-quart saucepan, heat reserved marinade to boiling over medium-high heat. Boil until sauce is thick, syrupy and reduced to about 3/4 cup.
4. Meanwhile, in small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently; transfer to plate.
5. Transfer wings to large bowl and toss with reduced marinade and green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Each serving: about 219 calories, 11 g total fat (3 g saturated),31 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein