Balsamic-Honey Pork Loin Roast with Fresh Berries
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes • Serves: 8
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Pride of the Farm boneless pork loin roast (about 4 pounds)
1 can (14 ounces) less-sodium beef broth
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 package (6 ounces) fresh Driscoll’s blackberries
1 package (6 ounces) fresh Driscoll’s blueberries
1 package (6 ounces) fresh Driscoll’s raspberries
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup Schnucks pure honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. In small bowl, combine salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place pork in roasting pan; rub seasoning mixture over pork.
2. Roast pork 45 minutes or until outside is browned. Carefully add broth and thyme sprigs to roasting pan; tightly cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and roast pork 45 to 50 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Transfer pork to cutting board; loosely cover with aluminum foil. In large bowl, combine blackberries, blueberries and raspberries.
4. Place roasting pan across 2 burners over medium heat. Add vinegar and honey; heat to simmering. Simmer 15 minutes. In small bowl, with whisk, stir cornstarch and water. Add to roasting pan and heat to boiling. In large bowl, strain sauce through fine mesh strainer, if desired. Makes about 2 cups.
5. Slice pork and serve topped with berries and sauce.
Each serving: about 459 calories, 13 g total fat (5 g saturated), 136 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g sugars, 47 g protein