Crustless Cheesy Bacon & Egg Quiche
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes • Serves: 8
Schnucks nonstick cooking spray
1 package (8 ounces) bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 package (8 ounces) Schnucks white mushrooms, sliced
5 green onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup), divided
2 Roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, divided
1 package (8 ounces) Schnucks finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 cups), divided
12 Schnucks large eggs
1 container (16 ounces) Schnucks sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 11 x 7-inch or 2 1/2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate. Remove and discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from skillet. Add mushrooms to skillet and cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Reserve 1/4 cup each onions and tomatoes. Stir remaining onions, tomatoes and bacon into mushrooms. Spread mixture into bottom of prepared dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
4. In large bowl, with whisk, beat eggs, sour cream, thyme, salt and pepper until well blended; pour over vegetables in dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top.
5. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Sprinkle with reserved onions and tomatoes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Each serving: about 330 calories, 22 g total fat (11 g saturated), 375 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugars, 24 g protein