Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling and chilling • Bake: 1 hour • Serves: 16
18 Oreo cookies (about 8 ounces)
2 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter, melted
4 packages (8 ounces each) Schnucks cream cheese, softened
1-1/4 cups Schnucks granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 Schnucks large eggs
1 container (8 ounces) Schnucks sour cream
3/4 cup Guinness draught or Guinness extra stout
1 cup Schnucks semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Schnucks whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Layer two 30 x 12-inch sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil to make double-thick sheet. Crease one long side of foil sheets into three 1/2-inch folds, flattening each fold to make a tight seam. Grab one sheet of foil and pull over seam to open like a book, pressing to keep seam intact. Place 9-inch springform pan in middle of foil. Pressing firmly, bring foil up and around sides of pan. Crush foil at long ends so that they are compact and can serve as handles to lift cheesecake out of water bath at the end of baking.
2. In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse cookies until coarse crumbs form. Add butter and process until crumbs are moistened. Press crust mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool crust on wire rack about 15 minutes.
3. While crust cools, place 17 x 11-inch roasting pan on middle rack in oven and fill with 1 inch hot tap water.
4. In large bowl, with mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Gradually beat in sugar and salt until blended. Reduce speed to low. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then sour cream and Guinness just until blended and smooth.
5. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust. Carefully place springform pan in water in roasting pan in oven. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until edges of cheesecake are set and center jiggles slightly. Remove pan from water bath. Run a small, sharp knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Remove foil from pan; cool cheesecake in pan on wire rack 1 hour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
6. In medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and cream in microwave oven on high 30 to 40 seconds. Let stand 1 minute, then stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
7. Remove side of springform pan. Working quickly, with small spoon, drizzle chocolate along side of cake at 1-inch intervals so that it drips down side of cake. It is okay if chocolate sometimes falls only halfway down cake. Pour remaining chocolate in center of cake, then spread to edges until smooth. (If chocolate becomes too cool to spread, heat in microwave oven about 10 seconds.) Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Cut cheesecake into slices to serve.
Each serving: about 463 calories, 32 g total fat
(19 g saturated), 144 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium,
34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein