Pretzel-Crusted Chicken with Lemon-Mustard Mayo
Active Time: 25 minutes • Total Time: 25 minutes • Serves: 4
1/4 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
2 Schnucks large eggs
1 tablespoon Schnucks vitamin D whole milk
1-1/2 tablespoons Schnucks Dijon mustard, divided
2 cups Schnucks mini pretzel twists (about 3 ounces)
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 package (about 1-1/2 pounds) Schnucks Natural thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
3 tablespoons Schnucks olive oil, divided
1 small lemon
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Schnucks granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. In pie plate or wide, shallow bowl, add flour. In second pie plate or wide, shallow bowl, with fork or whisk, beat eggs with milk and 1 tablespoon mustard.
2. Place pretzels in large zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Place bag on work surface. With rolling pin or smooth side of meat mallet, coarsely crush pretzels. (You should have about 1 cup.) In third pie plate, combine breadcrumbs and pretzels.
3. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shaking off excess. Add chicken to egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place chicken in pretzel mixture, patting lightly so mixture adheres to both sides.
4. In wide-bottomed nonstick 12-inch sauté pan or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Turn chicken, then add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
5. Meanwhile, from lemon, grate 1/4 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 teaspoon juice into small bowl. Add mayonnaise, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and remaining 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard and stir with fork until well blended. Serve chicken with sauce for dipping.
Each serving: about 461 calories, 20 g total fat (3 g saturated),
170 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate,
1 g fiber, 38 g protein
To bake chicken, prepare as directed through step 3. Spray both sides of chicken with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until outside browns and internal temperature reaches 165°F.