Active Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours • Makes: 24 cupcakes
24 foil baking cups
1 package (16.5 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
1 package (3.4 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
4 Schnucks large eggs
1-1/4 cups Schnucks vitamin D whole milk
1/2 cup Schnucks vegetable oil
1 cup Nestlé® semi-sweet morsels
1 cup Schnucks unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
2 cups Schnucks powdered sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons Schnucks pure vanilla extract
24 vanilla wafers
48 candy eyeballs
48 Schnucks mini pretzel twists
24 candy-coated chocolate pieces
1. Prepare Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line standard-size cupcake pans with baking cups. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, milk and oil about 2 minutes; with rubber spatula, scrape bottom and sides of bowl. Fill each baking cup 2/3 full with batter.
2. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out with little crumbs attached. Cool cupcakes in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
3. In microwave-safe small bowl, heat morsels in microwave oven on high 45 seconds or until melted; stir. If needed, continue to heat chocolate in 20 second intervals, stirring after each addition until melted. Remove from microwave oven; stir until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
4. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Add vanilla; mix until combined. Add melted chocolate; mix on low speed until well incorporated, scraping bowl occasionally. Increase speed to medium; beat 4 to 5 minutes or until frosting is smooth and creamy. Makes about 3-1/2 cups. Frost top of each cooled cupcake with 2 tablespoons frosting.
5. To make Reindeer: Place wafer off-center of freshly frosted cupcake; above wafer, add two eyeballs. To make antlers, press rounded side of pretzel twist into frosting to side of each eye. Finally for the nose, dot center of wafer with frosting and press candy coated chocolate piece into frosting.
Each cupcake: about 280 calories, 13 g total fat (3 g saturated), 40 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g sugars, 4 g protein