Shrimp & Asparagus Stir-Fry
Prep: 10 minutes • Cook: 12 minutes • Serves: 4
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 teaspoons Schnucks vegetable oil
1 pound raw peeled and deveined 36-40 count shrimp, thawed if necessary
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1 bag (8.8 ounces) prepared white rice
1. In cup, stir soy sauce, ginger and vinegar until combined; set aside.
2. In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium heat, toast sesame seeds 4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; transfer to small bowl.
3. In same skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Meanwhile, pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Add shrimp and asparagus to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and asparagus is tender-crisp, stirring frequently.
4. Add tomatoes and soy sauce mixture to shrimp mixture and cook 1 minute, stirring. Remove skillet from heat; stir in sesame oil.
5. Heat rice as label directs. Spoon rice onto each of 4 plates and top with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to serve.
Each serving: about 428 calories, 5 g total fat (1 g saturated), 170 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein