Prep: 35 minutes • Bake: 50 minutes • Serves: 12
12 Schnucks lasagna noodles
1 tablespoon Schnucks olive oil
1 package (12 ounces) frozen Southwestern corn mix
3 garlic cloves, crushed with press
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons crushed oregano
1 teaspoon salt
2 cans (15 ounces each) Schnucks black beans, rinsed and drained
1 jar (15.5 ounces) Schnucks medium chunky salsa
2 cups Schnucks traditional smooth pasta sauce
1 Schnucks large egg
1 container (15 ounces) Schnucks part-skim ricotta cheese
2 cups Schnucks finely shredded Mexican four cheese blend, divided
Schnucks sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add lasagna noodles and cook as label directs; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add corn mix and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, chili powder, oregano and salt and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in beans, salsa and pasta sauce; heat to boiling. Boil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In medium bowl, with whisk, lightly beat egg. Stir in ricotta and 1-1/4 cups shredded cheese.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, spread 1 cup bean mixture. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread about 1-1/2 cups bean mixture over noodles, then dollop 1 cup ricotta mixture on top. Repeat layers of 3 noodles, 1-1/2 cups bean mixture and 1 cup ricotta mixture twice. Top with 3 noodles and remaining bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
5. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve lasagna topped with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Each serving: about 354 calories, 12 g total fat
(5 g saturated), 46 mg cholesterol, 838 mg sodium,
42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 19 g protein