Summertime Steak Lettuce Wraps
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
1 teaspoon Schnucks Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Schnucks granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pinch Schnucks ground cayenne pepper
1/4 cup California Olive Ranch® extra virgin olive oil
12 ounces boneless sirloin steak (about 1-inch thick)
1 ear of corn, silk and husk removed
1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
2 teaspoons California Olive Ranch® extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Weber® Chicago Steak® Seasoning
1 ripe California Avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
6 large butter lettuce leaves
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
2. Prepare Cilantro-Lime Chimichurri: From lime, squeeze 1 tablespoon juice into small bowl. With whisk, stir in cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne; slowly add oil while stirring constantly.
3. Prepare Lettuce Wraps: Coat steak, corn and onion with oil; sprinkle with steak seasoning.
4. Place steak, corn and onion on hot grill rack. Cook corn and onion 3 to 5 minutes, turning frequently to brown all sides or until lightly charred. Transfer to cutting board. Cook steak 10 to 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium doneness, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer steak to cutting board and loosely cover with aluminum foil; let stand 5 minutes.
5. Cut corn from cob and thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve steak topped with onion, corn, avocado and tomatoes in lettuce leaves drizzled with chimichurri.
Each serving: about 882 calories, 65 g total fat (16 g saturated), 125 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 8 g sugars, 42 g protein