Sweet Pineapple Noodle Kugel
Active Time: 25 minutes • Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes • Serves: 8
6 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter, divided, plus additional for greasing dish
8 ounces Schnucks medium or wide egg noodles (about 4 cups)
1 package (7 ounces) Sun-Maid fruit bits®
1/2 cup Schnucks granulated sugar
1/4 cup Schnucks honey
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1 teaspoon Schnucks pure vanilla extract
3 Schnucks large eggs
1 can (8 ounces) Schnucks crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice
1 cup Schnucks half-and-half
1/4 cup corn flake crumbs
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon packed Schnucks brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease shallow 2-quart or 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with some butter. Place noodles in zip-tight plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. With bottom of measuring cup, coarsely crush egg noodles. You should have about 2-1/2 cups.
2. Heat covered 5- to 6-quart saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add noodles; heat to boiling. Boil 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add fruit bits and cook 1 minute longer. Drain noodle mixture.
3. Meanwhile, in microwave-safe large bowl, heat 4 tablespoons butter in microwave oven on high 1 minute to 1 minute 15 seconds or until melted. With whisk, stir in granulated sugar, honey, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla. Beat in eggs until well blended. Stir in pineapple with its juice and half-and-half. Stir in drained noodle mixture. Spread mixture evenly in prepared dish.
4. In microwave-safe small bowl, heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in microwave oven on high 45 seconds or until melted. With fork, stir in corn flake crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, almonds, brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle crumb topping over noodle mixture.
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until center is set, top begins to brown and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Each serving: about 471 calories, 16 g total fat (9 g saturated), 127 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 44 g sugars, 9 g protein