Turkey Croque Madame
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
4 slices sourdough bread (about 1/2- to 1/4-inch-thick)
4 teaspoons Schnucks Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
8 thick slices roasted turkey (about 12 ounces)
4 slices Schnucks Swiss cheese
1 packet (1.5 ounces) Knorr® four cheese sauce mix
1-1/2 cups Schnucks vitamin D whole milk
2 tablespoons Schnucks unsalted butter, divided
4 Schnucks large eggs
1/4 cup water
1. Place oven rack about 6 inches from source of broiler heat and preheat. Place bread in single layer on rimmed baking pan; broil 30 seconds to 1 minute or until lightly browned, turning once halfway through cooking.
2. In small bowl, stir together mustard and tarragon. Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with mustard mixture; over mustard mixture on each bread slice, layer one-fourth of the turkey and 1 slice cheese.
3. Broil sandwiches, cheese side up, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts; keep warm in oven.
4. Meanwhile, in 1- to 2-quart saucepan, prepare sauce mix as label directs using milk and 1 tablespoon butter. In nonstick 12-inch skillet with lid, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into skillet; cook 2 minutes. Pour water around eggs into skillet, cover and remove from heat and let set about 5 minutes or until yolks and whites are firm.
5. Transfer sandwiches to serving plates. Top each sandwich with 1 egg and spoon generous 1/4 cup sauce over each.
Each serving: about 734 calories, 28 g total fat (15 g saturated), 329 mg cholesterol, 1394 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g sugars, 54 g protein