Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes • Serves: 6
1-1/4 pounds tilapia fillets, each cut lengthwise in half
1/2 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
3 Schnucks large eggs
1 package (8 ounces) green chile enchilada sauce, divided
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
6 tablespoons Schnucks canola or vegetable oil, divided
1/4 cup Schnucks sour cream
6 medium soft taco flour tortillas
1-1/2 cups Schnucks finely shredded nacho taco cheese (6 ounces)
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup very thinly sliced red onion
1. Pat tilapia dry with paper towels. Place fl our in pie plate or wide, shallow bowl. In medium bowl, with whisk, beat eggs with 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Place panko in second pie plate or shallow bowl.
2. Dredge each piece of tilapia in fl our, shaking off excess, then dip into egg mixture. Press tilapia into panko to coat both sides, then place on large sheet of waxed paper.
3. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of tilapia and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until golden on the outside and internal temperature reaches 145°F, turning once halfway through cooking. Place tilapia on paper towel-lined plate to drain; cover to keep warm. With slotted spoon, remove any dark breadcrumbs from pan. Repeat with remaining 3 tablespoons oil and tilapia.
4. Meanwhile, in small serving bowl, stir remaining enchilada sauce with sour cream until well blended. Place tortillas between 2 damp paper towels on microwave-safe plate. Heat in microwave oven on high 30 to 40 seconds or until warm.
5. To make tacos, drizzle 1 tablespoon sour cream sauce in bottom of folded tortilla. Evenly fill tortillas with tilapia, cheese, tomatoes and red onion and drizzle with remaining sour cream sauce. If desired, fill tacos with some Angel Hair Cabbage Slaw.
Each serving: about 580 calories, 31 g total fat (8 g saturated),
150 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate,
9 g fiber, 6 g sugars, 34 g protein